Rural skills job recruitment event
09 September 2009
When and where: Friday 18 September, 10:30am-3pm, East Renfrewshire Council offices, 211 Main Street, Barrhead.
East Renfrewshire Council aims to recruit 20 unemployed people to deliver various countryside and forestry related works over a period of 39 weeks. Recruits will gain work experience and training that will improve their future job opportunities:
- during training recruits will be paid £5.73 per hour;
- working hours will be 35 per week;
- all personal protective equipment will be issued;
- training will cover various aspect of forestry and countryside skills;
- during training various qualifications can be worked towards and achieved e.g. fence and path construction and maintainance, brush cutting/strimming, PA1/PA6, excavator and ride on roller.
Apply if you are:
- aged between 18 and 24 and over 6 month unemployed;
- eligible for Training for Work or New Deal;
- live in the East Renfrewshire, Renfrewshire, Inverclyde or Glasgow South area.
East Renfrewshire Council is looking for people who:
- have a good attitude to work and show initiative;
- enjoy being part of a team and working outdoors;
- are good time keepers and reliable.
For more information please contact the Client Engagement Team on 0141 577 8438.